Straumann® Emdogain® is a well-researched, easy-to-apply gel containing Enamel Matrix Derivative (30mg/ml) originating from unerupted porcine tooth buds. As a component of embryonic tissues it is designed to promote predictable regeneration of hard and soft tissues lost due to periodontal disease or trauma.
The main component in Emdogain® is amelogenin, which assembles into an insoluble matrix under physiological conditions. The matrix has the proven ability to stimulate various cell types involved in the wound healing cascade of soft and hard tissues (mesenchymal stem cells, osteoblasts, fibroblasts, periodontal ligament cells and cementoblasts) towards a regenerative pattern.
The product may be ideally combined to enhance the biological performance of bone graft materials, like maxresorb® and cerabone® and collagen products like the mucoderm® or Jason® membrane.
- Induces true regeneration as evidenced by human histological studies
– Easy to apply in difficult accessible defects and in minimal invasive procedures
– Shows less complications compared to membranes
– Well researched and published in 800 scientific and 200 clinical publications
– Based on ten-year long-term evidence in intrabony and recession defects
– May be combined with various bone graft materials
– Available in three different volume sizes allowing flexible treatment options
– Stimulates bone formation and angiogenesis